甜甜圈donut in taipei

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the half blood prince (in Taipei)

Contrary to myths, the movie was not dubbed in Mandarin. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm against Mandarin voiceovers but I love to hear it original. Somehow the actor who are actually immersed in the makebelief world better convey their emotions than voiceovers.

Caught the movie with Muxian and Xiao Ji at a GongGuan cinema. It was great being back at my old hangout back in my ChengChi days. The familiar 236, Mister Donut and the NT250 clothes shop were all there. Of course I was dying to shop but then I was on a mission to catch the show. We were too late to catch the 830pm show so we had to catch the one after that at920am. Surprisingly the good seats at the back were still available so we snapped them up.
While food and clothes are cheaper here, movie tickets are the one thing that Singapore has it cheaper. Watching on a Wednesday night I paid NT260 =S$13 (that's even more than what you pay when you watch on a weekend night!!) The plot was much darker than the previous installments with impending doom lingering. Not going to launch into a long movie review... Harry Potter fans go catch the movie soon!!

It was great meeting Muxian and Xiao Ji. Muxian is still as comical as ever and did I mention she's had a change of "taste" (and heart). The very much in love Muxian told us all about her romantic lovestory with her language exchange partner from Ukraine. (exotic huh)
The ever thoughtful Xiao Ji has become prettier. :) Too bad she's going back to KaoHsiong this Monday.

I'm still deliberating whether to go to TaiZhong over the weekends. Yifan and XiaoJi will be going to Wulai on Sunday, Xiaoji will be leaving on Monday, yet I wanna go see TaiZhong with Ting Yi. (But she's leaving on Friday and I can't think of any believable excuse.. everyone here uses the magic 4 letter word 家里有事) How??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home