甜甜圈donut in taipei

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

OT...from now on

It's the summer holiday, but this internship is by no means relaxing. Everyday's a constant race against time to squeeze out two to three full TV news copy before the mid-day and evening deadlines. With my limited and Singlish-fied Chinese, I can only cross my fingers and hope the supervisor doesnn't rip my copy to pieces.

In the morning I got to follow Ting Juan again. Though she's a property reporter, I was lucky enough that she was assigned to cover a simple press conference by a recruitment agency.

Today we all have to do OT, stay back for a meeting with the sup. Shivers....

Since we're staying back we ordered takeout - I had curry rice with chicken cordon bleu (chicken cutlet stuffed with cheese and ham). Taking a bite into the cutlet, I could feel the cheese oozing out... yummy... (please see picture to imagine.. to upload)
Before I could finish my dinner it was time for the meeting. From now on, the interns were to join their daily end-of-day meetings, which according to reporters end at around 730pm the earliest latest at 830pm.

The sup's straight talking nature can be pretty shocking when I first encountered her, but after a while you start to realize that she has a good heart despite her "poison tongue".
Though she's hard on you, you realise that she means well and wants you to have a fulfilling internship. We did feedback to her about the difficulties we have - about how we are only told very last minute about our assignments leaving us clueless when covering the particular financial news and also about how some reporters are not that warm = anti-interns. ( one particular reporter got interns to run errands yet is unwilling to bring interns on reporting assignments...the world has all sorts of people) Luckily most of the staff here are pretty helpful and willing to impart their knowledge to you.

To quote the sup:"It's going to be one tiring month"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home