甜甜圈donut in taipei

Monday, July 20, 2009

Pet exhibition, a trip to the dentist and my cameo on TV











Covered the pet exhibition this morning... omg you should see the range of pet products and services available -cheese sticks, wedding photography, newest oxygen spa treatment, diamond studded bikinis to Hello Kitty dog prams (ironic huh).

Pets especially dogs lead an extremely good life here in Taiwan. I remember once when a stray dog entered the Family Mart convenience store, not only did no one react - make any attempt to chase it out, scream, stare at it with contempt - the cashier even greeted it by saying "hey XX you're here again". The next thing I knew the dog had its paws on the cashier's table, it's eyes locked on my breakfast. (my breakfast was saved.)

There are a lot of perks on the job esp freebies. Since it's a pet show... they gave us pet vitamins, dog biscuits and matching human clothes. (You know couple tee-shirts. There are dog-owner matching shirts) I wonder which unfortunate dog would wear the same neon pink striped shirt as me. (The "orbit" shirt goes at an exorbitant price of around S$50!)

In the afternoon, it was news about the growing potential of the TOOTH business. Made my first guest appearance on Taiwanese TV! (ok and in one my teeth made a cameo, though no one would know since i was all covered up)

Had to pose as a patient in need of teeth implants for a news on the growing foreigner customer base. Apparently it costs about 50% less to do ur teeth here in Taiwan as compared to countries like America and Japan! Might as well take a holiday and go home with gleaming white pearlies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home