甜甜圈donut in taipei

Saturday, April 19, 2008

寻泳衣逛中山区

After that I met Ah Mao at 中山 in order to find my swimsuit. Ah Mao says as long as I'm not around she sees swimsuits EVERYWHERE. It's always like this. When you want something you can't find it, but when you don't you see it everywhere. To my horror the whole row of shops at 中山地下街were closed! See what I mean. So we decided to go fill our rumbling tummies first.

中山区is a very upmarket place... Coach, Gucci, LV... not my kind of place. O well if I can't afford such luxury I'll settle for a picture :)

We went about a futile hunt for the recommended food places around the area. Ah Mao was craving for Pizza but we weren't fated to have it. First "Piece of Cake" resturant was closing for the day when we walked in. Next stop, some famous pasta reaturant with a fancy Italian name.
It must be really good coz there was a long queue of people in front of us. Our rumbling stomachs couldn't wait so we continued with our search...

We chanced upon a quaint looking burger joint which had no customers. Ah Mao described it as “打苍蝇”. From the time we came to the time we left, we were their only customers.


I ordered a cheese burger, whilst Ah Mao settled for a double cheese burger (PIG!!)haha..Her's looks more appetizing than mine. Must be coz her ingredients are all double of mine.

The burger wasn't too bad, reminds me of Botak Jones. The fries a close match to Long John Silver. When it comes to Western Food, I'm pretty much easily satisfied.

While waiting for Ah Mao to chomp down her burger, I started to play with my food.


OUCH!!

Ah Mao's very appetizing looking burger.



We discovered that the shop keeps frogs!


The boss wanted to take a photo with us so that he could decorate the wall with it. We then found out that the shop opened recently. Ahhh now I see why the shop's so empty.

Oh yesh! About my swimsuit. On the way back, we found the shop Ah Mao was talking about. I settled for a tankini. Pink top with stripes in the middle and an aqua blue shorts. Not fantastic but I think it's something I would have bought in Singapore. Considering it costs NT590 I think it's not bad a buy. At last I can embark on my swimming regime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home