甜甜圈donut in taipei

Saturday, February 23, 2008

台北灯节

Silly me thought that 台北灯节 was only made out of these row of lights.

台北灯节
Reminds me of River HongBao. This year the theme seems to be the Year of the Rat coz most of the lanterns seem to be made into the shape of rats. Though they are all rats they come in all shapes and sizes, from cute designs to more intricately designed lanterns. One of my favourites were the minature famous buildings of the world. It looked exactly like the real thing from the Taj Mahal to Taiwan's icon 101. The Lantern Festival is held at 国父纪念馆. I thought that it would be some dull grey looking buildling, but to my amazement it was really grand. (At first I thought it was a temple) It was kind of hilarious to see a group of teenagers practising their hiphop there. 多不搭!

Hamtaro 也算是鼠吧!
If I'm not wrong there were 36 drums in a row. Each one has a chinese saying, good wishes of all sorts from 步步高升to 大吉大利. Though I must say there were some that I didn't understand. Yesterday when I was watching 恶作剧2吻,realized that their 高中生的华文太好了吧!They used so many chim cheng yus that I don't understand.

The many faces of Taiwan's iconic 101.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home