甜甜圈donut in taipei

Saturday, March 15, 2008

我台湾朋友人好好

Went out with my Broadcast Journ groupmates & their korean friend today. After walking for a long time... we finally chanced upon a rather comtemporary looking restaurant. Went we went in, there were a few customers but no waiter. No one was at the counter... so Mu Xian (korean friend) peeked into the kitchen to look. Yup that's the waiter cum chef cum cashier. Poor guy he was so busy having to multi-task.


We sat in the smoking area, but of course there was no one there. It has a pretty mural on the wall.


Yi Fan's korean notes. She was asking Mu Xian how to write some Korean words. When you don't know a langauge everything seems so foreign to you. Amazed at how all the circles and squares actually mean something.




The Menu.

Mu Xian has steady hands.


The restaurant facade.

The highlight of the meal... cake!! Don't salivate.
A lil rich if you eat a whole piece, tasty in small bites.

Top left clockwise direction: coffee cake, 焦糖烤布丁,strawberry cake & my brownie. (I'm sure the real names sound more appetizing, but they were all in Chinese so I can't really rmb)
台湾朋友
母贤left us halfway to meet her senior who had come down from another part of Taiwan to Taipei. The three of us walked from Shi Da to Gong Guan to look for second hand bookshops coz 怡帆wanted to find politics textbooks. We ended in a place called 茉莉, which looks nothing like those dusty old second hand bookshops. In fact it looks rather posh with brown polished wood. They sell second hand mags which are rather recent. Managed to get a Jan issue with 林依晨on the cover. She looks so pretty!! Though I know my friends beg to differ :( It claims to have exclusive behind the scene coverage of "They Kiss Again". Sadly it only contains 2 pages with limited words and gorgeous full body shots of the leads. Not that I'm complaining.. just that I wished there was more. As what Yiqi said, Taiwan mags are mostly fashion.
Back to the outing.. another of their friend Ting Qi joined us at the bookstore. As my Taiwan friend describes, she's very "lady" (pronounced as lay-dee). Love her dressing. Very poise and elegant. Imagine dress shirt, trench coat and high heels. Future career woman. Too bad I didn't get to take a shot of her. Not very close to her at the moment. Honestly, I was pretty intimidated by her at first. But I realized she's really nice. She treated us all to drinks. I had 青苹多多 Green Apple Yakult. Another of my dream come dream. I always wished that Yakult would come in bigger portions.
Anw it's not only coz she treated me to a drink that I'm full of praises for her. When I told her I need to answer the call of nature and we were in the middle of 师大夜市 where public toilets are scarce, she simply walked into a puzzle shop & asked. Amazed. And thankful. Ohhhh and she gave up her yellow ribbon strap to me. She took a pink silk one instead. Feel indebted already. Thank you thank you thank you!! 谢谢你的照顾。
谢谢你们陪我一天。我玩得很开心!以后再约出来:)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home