甜甜圈donut in taipei

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Film.A kind soul.Two very filling meals

Black & White Film

Yesterday we developed our black & white film on our own. In total darkness, we fumbled to twist our films in rolls. It was hilarious coz you could hear ppl panicking and dropping stuff and calling out for help. (Me & my partner Yiqi incld) It was then did I realize the importance of lighting, it really makes you feel much safer. Step by step we were taught to place our films in a canister and pour in liquid after liquid. Had a great sense of satisfaction after the negatives were out. Too bad my film was torn and the part which had pictures of me are gone. Oh well.. these sort of things happen. Wanted a black & white photo of me coz tot it would be rather vintage looking. Nvm there's always photoshop. We collected our strips of negatives which we left to dry. As usual since it's our maiden attempt at developing our negatives of course we had to take photos for memory's sake.






A Kind Soul
O which reminds me yesterday I went for my studio camera workshop. I was the only one learning how to use the camera that day. The main thing that happened was after the lesson it started to pour. And I didn't bring my umbrealla. I contemplated running back all the way to hostel, but decided against it. Luckily a kind soul decided to lend me her umbrealla whilst she ran back to her office to get another one. Thank you kind soul. Sadly I don't know her name, just that she works as an assistant to a prof.


Two very filling meals
Today I indulged in two very filling meals.

For lunch we finally went to the hotpot place. You get to choose from a large variety of soup and ingredients. When I saw the menu I was perplexed and shocked that they actually sold dolphin meat 豚肉。So I asked the waitress and she was like Noooo it's pork. Phew.... Anw I choose a milk based soup. Yum yum my fav. Though I feel that the ingredients aren't very tasty, as long as there's milky soup I'm satisfied :)


For dinner we met two fellow Singaporeans for dinner at Bo Bo Cha Cha. I had curry chicken vermicelli. The food there is supposedly not very spicy, but I should have expected that for someone like me with low tolerane for spicy food, not very spicy = spicy. Hot hot hot.....


Tml I'm having my camera test. Wish me luck. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home